What is Task Management? How to Manage Tasks Effectively
What is Task management? How can it benefit you and your business? If you know how to manage everyone’s tasks in your team, you’re more likely to complete your projects on time. The simplest form of task management is a to-do list or task list.
However, if you need to manage several projects simultaneously and your workload is high, you need something a little more sophisticated. This is where task management software comes into its own. Task management offers a more productive way to manage your workday.
What is Task Management?
What is Task management? It is the process of handling the complete life-cycle of a task or series of tasks. Offering a more effective way to manage your workday, tasks and workflow.
It starts at the planning stage and covers tracking right through to execution. Task management allows you to track different tasks, right from the very beginning.
You can use task management software or to do list apps to help create team to do lists, setting deadlines, prioritise tasks, and make sure you assign tasks to the correct people. Use task management software, and you can be sure your projects stay on track and meet your deadlines.
Why You Should Manage Tasks
Do any of the following scenarios sound familiar?
- Your workday consists of reacting to the person who shouts the loudest.
- You answer each email as and when it appears in your inbox.
- You spend a large amount of your day on Facebook “Facebocrastination ” or other social media platforms.
When you manage your tasks, it allows you to prioritise what is most important. You’re able to allocate time to those priority tasks.
Benefits to task management
- You’re able to see all the tasks or projects you’re working on in one place. You can easily see your priorities.
- You’re able to see how much time is available for completing your tasks.
- You can group similar tasks and work on them at the same time.
- You can balance your workload, adjust tasks, delegate, and meet your deadlines.
- Break complex projects and tasks into simple, smaller bite-sized tasks so easier to manage.
The biggest benefit of all is that task management stops you from overworking or focusing your attention on things that are not the most important. Identifying your key daily task list items this is what is task management about.
Effective Task Management Requires Certain Skills
What is task management and the skills you need to become more efficient? For task management to be effective, you have to have certain skills.
The skills you need include:
1. Able to Prioritize: There are going to be tasks during the day that require attention, and others that can wait. You need to be able to eliminate tasks that are of low value.
2. Able to Create a Schedule: Being able to create a schedule is important. However, being able to stick to the schedule is crucial. Task management helps you focus on one task at a time. It also stops you from getting sidetracked by tasks you need to do later.
3. Able to Adapt and be Flexible: Many different factors can change the scope of a project. Some of them you can change, but there are going to others outside of your control. Being able to adapt to change quickly and be flexible in your approach is therefore important.
4. Able to Delegate Tasks: Task delegation plays a key role in project management. You also need to be able to identify who the best person is for specific tasks. When you delegate effectively, it gives you space and time to focus on tasks that require your attention and skills.
5. Good Communicator: Communication is fundamental to the running of an efficient workforce. As a project manager, you need to communicate effectively with stakeholders and internal teams so that tasks are completed on time.
Checkify Task Management
So now you know what is task management and how it can benefit you. Why not try our task management software to break complex projects into simple, bite-sized tasks and manage them easily.
Task Management App
In 1927, at the University of Berlin, Soviet Psychologist Bliuma Zeigarnik and her professor Kurt Lewin, observed a phenomenon among
What is Task management? How can it benefit you and your business? If you know how to manage everyone’s tasks
Hands up, who’s guilty of it? Having the absolute, best intentions when you start a day’s work in the office