Website Copywriting Checklist
Website Copywriting strategies play an important element in convincing the on-the-fence prospective customer to take the step and invest in your product. Have you ever wondered why you buy some things and not others?
Word choice can make or break a sale. You might have the best product in the market but without the right words to convey that fact you will struggle to position yourself position yourself in the market. What makes you finally decide what new item to buy? The answer is the types of words used to sell it to you.
Content can be seen as your salesperson and offer explanation of how your product will actually benefit the potential client so website copywriting is so important. Maybe you’ve never realised it, but words can play a huge role in helping decide what to buy and what not to buy. It can help you be more persuasive, influence and convert.
Use copy to educate and convert prospects into customers along with free trials, testimonials, and demos. There are loads of variables, but one proven tactic time and time again is certain words sell better.
The power of persuasion using language is a powerful tool! Think of the word “Free” is it overused or a bit gimmicky well think again people love free, plain and simple.
Building trust is key focus on the customer, including their needs and hesitations, problems and solutions and not simply push the product.
Website CopyWriting Checklist
Focus on the right audience have an ideal customer for whom your product is created for.
Customers are persuaded by copy answering every question they may have.
- What is their pain
- Key words and phrases that describe the pain/ problem
- What motivations them into buying your product?
- What might cause hesitation in buying product?
- How are you winning their trust?
What possible question are people likely to have about your product.
Address each question systematically while fully describe how awesome your product is.
Most people prefer to scan read information.
- FREE – the power & appeal of “free.”
- You – speaking directly to the customer
- New – Makes people sit up and take notice.
- Best – a sacred word only awarded to the truly amazing
- Get Now – action word putting the person in charge of the action.
- Secret – the secret to success
- Save – clear word to showcase time or money savings abilities
- Because – compelling reason to take action
- Easy / Simple – how much easier life will be
- Guarantee – everything to gain and nothing to lose
- Proven – tried, tested & people seeing benefits
- Increase – benefits
- Never – point out a “negative benefit,” such as “never worry again”
- How to… -Help accomplish a task or goal.
- Limited – people hate missing out
- No obligation – a win-win situation
- Compare – make comparisons
- Instantly – quick gratification
Plan words on the page that can impact the reader and organized to make it easy to find the answer that people are looking for.
Break up large large amounts of text. Instead of one large paragraph chop it in small sections.
Bullet points give mini spotlights on the page, bold or italicise words can also draw a person’s attention.
SEO means incorporate keywords naturally within your text to boost your search engine rankings.
Choose keyword & keyword phrases that match what people will be entering into search engine.
Ultise common phrases instead of jargon and speak directly to your customers.
Google search console verification errors are reasons you are unable to prove ownership of your domain / website